Disability is not inability. Limitations live only in our minds.
S-Factor Academy’s Inclusive team works with disadvantaged and disabled (physical/learning or sensory) young people to help them achieve their full potential in sports; improve well-being and overall quality of life.
Working with Access Sport Ignite we help to build on fun activities and fulfilling programmes.
Upcoming plans for the group include:
- Join us over summer for our FREE Disability Athletics Camp
- Doing the Sport Relief challenge – 10,000 steps in one session
- 2 round summer series versus Waltham Forest Wolves
- Participating in the London youth games PARA athletics
- Increasing outreach to four local SEN schools (see current sessions below)
Click here now to see how S-Factor Academy can help you or your child to experience the positive life aspects sport can bring and the doors it can open to change lives. Alternatively, call Adam Thomas, Lead Inclusive Coach, on 07840 528 587 for more information.
The first session is free.
We hold our core sessions at:
Ladywell Arena, Silvermere road, Catford, London, SE6 4QX.
Saturdays from 11AM-12PM all ages from 7 – 24 years old.
We also run outreach sessions at:
- Bren Knoll SEN
- Drumbeat SEN/ASD Service (Downham (primary/secondary) – athletics and boxing/fitness)
- Drumbeat SEN/ASD Service (Brockley, 6th form – athletics)
- George Greens (Isle of Dogs (Island Gardens), mainstream school with large SEN department – athletics)
S-Factor Academy’s Inclusive group was joined a few month’s ago by athlete, Amy, who is a cochlear implant user and has cerebral palsy.
Amy’s mum Natalie had this to say after Amy’s first session: “Seeing Amy settle in and integrate so quickly was amazing. Seeing her run and join the other children had me choked up at the end I was nearly in tears. It’s so difficult to find a group that can support ALL of Amy’s needs and not just focus on being deaf.This group is amazing. Thank you again for providing this for disabled people. Her school is so far away that Amy doesn’t get to join in with after-school clubs so these sessions were exactly what we were looking for. I had a word with the physio team that they should have given me this club’s flyer years ago as the first session was brilliant!”
Amy has integrated so well and blossomed at S-Factor Academy she has already reached goals set by her physio in half the time.”