S-Factor Academy inspires and encourages young people from London Communities to develop their life skills and full potential through athletics.
S-Factor Academy delivers this via the provision of high quality and professional athletics experience for young people from 7 upwards both in schools and in communities across London including specialist coaching and competitions.
S-Factor Academy supports high potential athletes to attain elite level and also identifies and enables Athletics related opportunities for young people to develop into more rounded and confident people who also in turn actively support their sport and communities.
S-Factor Academy encourages wide community participation both in increased sporting activity and the wider social development of young people.
S-Factor Academy considers a safe and supportive environment for the young people involved to be essential and strives to create and sustain a family atmosphere where the voices of all participants are listened to and respected.
Key outcomes of the S Factor Academy:
- Coordination of ongoing opportunities for young people to continue to train as well as to develop key life skills
- Wider opportunities for education, training and employment
- Access to mentoring and positive role models
- More young people experiencing athletics
- Competition opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Monitoring and evaluation/independent research to ascertain effectiveness